Registration is open for my spring online graduate course: Beyond the Buzzword: Deepening Knowledge & Practice of Trauma-Informed Education.
This class is designed for educators who already have a “trauma 101” level of understanding. Maybe you’ve been to a workshop, read a book, or browsed a few articles about trauma-informed education. This class is designed to help you dig deeper, both in understanding the research and concepts of trauma-informed practices as well as their practical application in your setting.
We’re going to dig into questions like…
- How do we balance individual interventions with systemic change?
- What can educators learn from the clinical research about trauma?
- What school structures and systems should we reconsider through a trauma-informed lens?
- How can we combat racism and other forms of oppression that cause trauma?
- What changes can I start making, today, in my role?
…and much, much more.
I offer this class 100% online on Canvas, with three Zoom video calls so we can make connections in real time. You can earn 3 graduate credits from Castleton University.
Please reach out if you have any questions, or follow the link above to register! We get started on February 3.