My first book, Equity-Centered Trauma-Informed Education, is now available anywhere you get your books!
Trauma-informed education and equity in education are often seen as two different initiatives. In reality, educational equity reduces the presence of trauma, and trauma-informed practice can help foster equity. In my book, I explore the myriad connections and intersections between equity and trauma-informed education, and propose principles for educators who want to make this integrated approach the heart of their practice.
To learn more about what’s in the book, check out these excerpts and interviews:
- Read an excerpt on Edutopia
- Read an excerpt on Mindshift
- Read an excerpt on Norton’s K12 Talk blog
- Read a review on Middleweb
- #vted Reads podcast episode (audio and transcript)
- Book talk with Antioch University (video)
- Human Restoration project podcast episode (audio)
- Trauma Informed Educators network podcast episode (video)